Thursday, October 14, 2010

When I think of the 21st century the words computer, cell phones, lap tops, and GPS pop in my head because after all the 21st century is known as the fastest growing technology century. All these advances in technology can be an advantage and disadvantage. For instance, my sister Vesna which is getting a degree in Public Relations believes technology has scared people because it prevents people from having the basic communicating skills. She says “People are too stuck behind their computers to even walk outside to have a conversation with someone and this is a major problem." I agree with her because sure computers are an easy way of communicating with people but it’s more of a challenge to have a conversation with someone in person and for me personally I rather take a challenge.
All three of the people I interviewed have one thing in common which was valuing the originality in art. Originality to them was important because it’s what makes artwork stand out. If it stands out then it’s appealing to the eye and it’s worth a glance. Second, what they all looked for was meaning behind the piece of artwork because "if there is nothing to tell then what is it worth" Ms. Ress says. Whether this inspiration comes from family or friends it should come from somewhere personal from the artist to express meaning. I thought it was pretty unique that all three of the people I interviewed valued the originality in art because I expected people to say that if it’s pretty its art but from this I concluded that different people due value the depth in artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment